Earth Hour 2018
Join millions of people across the world who switch lights off for an hour – to raise awareness for the planet.
Venue: Taman Mahkota Jubli Emas, Bandar Seri Begawan
Date: 24th March 2018
Time: 20:00 hours (8:00pm)
- Kompleks Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah
- Masjid Omar Ali Saifuddien
- Taman Mahkota Jubli Emas
- Jambatan Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha
Join the global conversation around the world and share your concern about biodiversity.
Switch off non essential lights and appliance at the office, and at home. Spread and share the words.
- 20:00 hrs
- Arrival of guests
- HSE Briefing
- Recital of Al-Fatihah
- Welcome speech
- 20:25 hrs
- Preparing for lights out
- 20:30 hrs
- Lights Switch Off
- 20:45 hrs
- Activities area open
- 21:30 hrs
- Lights Switch On
- Appreciation note
- Event concluded
List Of Activities
- Earth Hour and Biodiversity
- Earth Hour 2018
- Switch off Lights
- Cross Event Video Call
Please use our official hastags while posting to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter:
Do and Don't
Please observe and practice the following guideline
To Take Note During the Night:
- Do not PUSH or SHOVE
- Wear proper and appropriate attire
- Do not cause COMMOTION.
- Park properly & do not cause traffic congestion
- Do lock your car/vehicle
- CAR POOL
- Do not JUMP off the staircase
- DISPOSE trash at DESIGNATED area
- Do NOT cause FIRE
- Please monitor your own CHILDREN at all times
- No Fireworks
- No candles, lighters and glow lights/sticks
- Use kinetic lights if possible
Prior to coming to witness the Earth Hour
- Make sure you switch off the non-essential electrical appliances before leaving the house
- Make sure you lock your house doors and windows
- Secure with alarm if you have
If you are going to any of Earth Hour event
Although most time mention are 20:30 (8.30pm), all participants are advised to come at least 30 minutes early to give some time for any last minute briefing and/or registration.
Going to main event?
Please follow the rules and regulations that are put in place for Taman Mahkota Jubli Emas. Any wrong doing that against those rules and regulations will be reported to the relevant authorities.
Map and Emergency Information
- Green Mark: Exit
- Red Mark: Emergency Assembly Area
- Blue Mark: Command Center
In Case Of Emergency
There are several main exits in this area. Please pay attention to the green mark on the map and the nearest exit to you.
█ Emergency Assembly Area
In the event of an emergency, please remain calm, do not rush, and do not panic. Safely stop what you are doing. Gather your personal belongings if it is safe to do so. Proceed to the designated Emergency Assembly Area as per mark in red. Again, please remain calm and wait for any instructions from our operation coordinator.
█ Command Center
We have setup our Command Center at the vicinity of this area as per mark blue on the map. If you need more information or assistance, you may approach our command center.
Ambulance : 991
Police : 993
Fire & Rescue : 995
Search & Rescue : 998
Use of materials
Use of glow lights/sticks
Eventough glow lights/sticks is safe, we don’t encourage the member of the public to use it. If you plan to use it, please choose a non-toxic sticks; use and dispose it responsibly.
Use of lanterns
nce their light begins to fade, they fall back to the ground somewhere, leaving their paper and wire. Some lanterns manufacture may claim their lantern as “biodegradable”. This lantern may consist of paper that biodegrades within “six to eight weeks”, and “flourished wire” that takes nine months, on average, to break down.
Use of candles
If you plan on burning candles during Earth Hour, make sure you use 100% beeswax candles or soy candles, which are gentler on our planet – smoke free, non-toxic and non-allergenic. They are also made of natural products, not petroleum-based materials, so they are effectively carbon neutral (the CO2 they emit has already been taken from the atmosphere to produce the wax). If you’re using candles, though, make sure you take care a . We suggest you carefully follow these tips:
- Candles should only be used under adult supervision
- Candles should never be left unattended
- Candles should be kept away from children and pets
- Extinguish candles before going to sleep
- Keep candles away from flammable liquids and gas-combustible materials
- Candles should be kept clear of any combustible materials such as paper, curtains and clothing
- Candles should not be placed in windows as they can be blown over. Blinds and curtains can also catch alight
- Candles should be placed on a stable, dry, heat-resistant surface away from drafts
T-Shirt and Competition
We are please to announce our Instagram competition, which is open to everyone in Brunei, throughout all districts!
As for t-shirt, it is manage by our Official Merchandise Partner. You may check it out from FSCreate and our Instagram profile:
Participating Businesses, Organisations and Group
Below are the registered supporters that will be participating for Earth Hour. Please visit their Facebook and Instagram for more information.
- Mabohai Shopping Complex
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Brunei
- V-KOOL Brunei
- Starbucks Brunei
- Burger King Brunei
- Bake Culture Brunei
- Brunei Usergroup Lego and Technic
- International School Brunei
- Armada Properties Sdn Bh
- Brunei Shell Petroleum
We would like to thanks to our supporters for their continuous support
- WWF International
- Energy and Industry Department, Prime Minister’s Office
- Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah
- Department of Mosque Affairs, Ministry of Religious Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Department of Drainage and Sewerage, Ministry of Development
- Department Of Roads, Ministry of Development
- University of Brunei Darussalam
- Royal Brunei Police Force, Prime Minister’s Office
- Fire and Rescue Department, Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Health
Partners and Sponsors
Earth Hour in Brunei is brought to you by these amazing partners